List Price: $129.95
You Save: $100.30 (77%) !!!
* Amazing Technology in the palm of your hand! Syma Newest Model S107 3CH Gyro RTF Metal RC Helicopter.No Assembly required, Ready To Fly! Equipped with the latest Gyroscope technology. Colors and Frequencies May Vary. We have Red & Yellow color.
* Full 3 Channels : Up, Down, Left, Right, Forward and Backward.A 25-30 minutes charge is equal to a 8-12 minutes flight.Recharging takes place via the transmitter or USB cable.
* The transmitter has an Alignment Trim, a Charging and Power.Indicator, a Left/Right Lever and a Trimmer. A lightweight Lithium Polymer battery.
* Length : Approx. 7.5 Inches.Width : Approx. 7.5 Inches (with main rotors).Height : Approx. 3.8 Inches (from bottom to balance bar).Main Rotors Surface Diameter: Approx. 7.5 Inches.
* Suitable for indoor flying only.Suitable for ages 14+.Battery for the helicopter: 3.7V-180MAH LI-POLY.Flight Range : Approx. 30 Ft.ROHS, ASTM, FCC and CE Approval
So I just did a real quick 4 minute flight test in the office and wow this thing really flies well! It is extremely stable and pretty much flew perfect right out of the box. It has great control and doesn't spin any whatsoever. It has minimum drift (just as much as my MCX) and really fly's well. The only thing is I wish there was a little quicker forward flight, but I'm also used to a modded MCX, so that might have a little effect in my opinion. Overall though I'm extremely impressed with the little heli.
I know that the MCX came out long before these and I wouldn't ever want to sacrifice on battery, but I really do with the MCX was built more like these. It feels very indestructible (unlike the MCX) and has a really nice look to it. I prefer this look over the MCX. The MCX pretty much is indestructible, it just doesn't feel like it when you hold it, because everything is so flexible. I guess only time will tell on how well the s107 holds up.
The Syma S107 is so easy to control that on my first flight I had it tour my whole apartment, zooming in and out of closets and never touching an obstacle until I deliberately landed it. If you've never flown a good RC heli before, you might need to practice a bit. It might be your second or third flight before you get that good.
The S107 just plain works. It goes where I point it.
I made one little change to my S107, taping a paperclip to the front to help it move forward more easily. That's the sum of all modifications that I made to mine. I can't find anything else to tweak. That's awesome. It's amazing. It's a fun thing to play with and the feeling of exhilaration endures even after many flights.
I've had a few mini helicopters before but his one is by far the best I've ever had! It is the most stable, durable, and fun little thing. I also love how it comes with a USB charger because my others would only charge from the controller (which this one will also) but I didn't like it eating up all the batteries. Trust me when I say I've tested its durability because I've had my share of crashes and the only damage that I can notice is the propeller is dinged up. I would defiantly recommend this to anyone really, it's so easy to fly and pick up that anyone could learn!
I am not a Heli expert but can say I have owned an Electric Falcon with Auto Pilot ($250-350), a Coco Lama (great heli $75) and the first micro heli($19). The s107 is fun and VERY stable, you really can't ask for more, it will go back and forward very easily, it would literally be a work of engineering at this price if it had better turning. Let me explain- it vertical controls are quick and presice, it goes up and down very easy and with power, it turns to the right or left by a light touch. What it is lacking is horizontal yaw. But guess what it's a toy and so cheap that I must say outside of this it's a blast!
I truly believe it could go for $70-100 so it's the best bang for the buck! I hear there is a walker out there that is great but its $100. I question how much better and fully applaud Syma and Xheli for making it cheap. I also feel it's a great learner heli, oh yes. You get this thing down when you step up will have the basics down.